What does the word ‘Christmas’ makes you think about?
Of course: shimmering lights, decorated trees, Santa pictures nearly everywhere and shop decorations from the day after Halloween ’til mid February. And how about food? Are you into Christmas puddings, roasts and mince pies? Since I come from Italy I’m more into Panettone, Pandoro and Torrone, but I’m starting to appreciate British Christmas food a lot, especially when it comes to classics and to new Christmas-inspired recipes.
Now, imagine to walk in a Christmas foodie wonderland, where you can enjoy this joyful holiday atmosphere while tasting delicious Christmas inspired food and drinks. Like the picture? Then make sure you don’t miss this event: the Foodies Festival – Christmas edition.
As you probably saw a few months ago, I went to the summer edition of the festival and I had a super lovely time. The sun was shining, the food was amazing and I had one of the yummiest gelato ever (peanut butter and chocolate). I can’t wait to have the same experience with some Christmas specialities!
Apart from eating (which to me is still the best bit.. hehe) there are a lot of other things to do and see at the Foodies Festival Christmas:
- see London’s top chefs cooking live in a new open air Chefs Theatre
- indulge in some drinks at the Whisky Arena, the Ski Bar – serving après ski cocktails, off-piste snacks including crepes and toasties, or the Soda Bar
- learn to match food and drinks at the Drinks Theatre
- discover a Craft Beer Market and Pop-Up Breweries highlighting London’s top craft brewers
- of course, enjoy the food! choose something delish from the Street Food Avenue, Pop-Up Restaurants,Coffee Corner and Cheese Village and eat it at the Christmas Feasting Table, communal banqueting tables under twinkling fairy lights and festive decorations
I will take my girl with me and she’ll love to try the Elf Cookery School, where kids under 12 can bake snowballs and decorate gingerbread men, cookies and cupcakes to leave out for Santa (will they last until Christmas? mmm… don’t think so! :D).
But there’s so much more to do, see and… eat! Here some more info.
I will be at the Foodies Festival trying to learn something new about festive food, cooking and ingredients and of course eating my way around the stalls. Can’t wait!
The good news is you can do the same! Here is a chance to win 2 tickets for the Foodies Festival Christmas, 28, 29 and 30 November in Truman Brewery, London. It is super easy, all you have to do is complete this form, follow me on Twitter and leave a comment telling me what’s your favourite Christmas food or drink!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
FOODIES FESTIVAL CHRISTMAS
Old Truman Brewery – Spitalfields London November 28th, 29th and 30th 2014
Ticket price and every other info on the Official Site